Clog Free Gutters - My dad tried to give us a gift, the company gave us a nightmare!!
When my dad said he was paying over 2k for two upper runs & a downspout I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted our house to be great & didn't want us climbing up two stories to clean out leaves.Sept 2013 Day of installation I called asking if workers will return to finish job.
I was told it was finished as I looked at the unsightly 4"x 4" wood they left exposed running down both sides of my house to attach the gutters to. They quoted me $700 to come back and cover it. On Feb 20, 2014 there was a BOOM as the house shook, next day we found 9" around chunks of ice several feet long which slid off their gutters hitting our mudroom roof, central air system unit, other gutters attached to mudroom, and a fence on the other side of the house. It was in one piece when it fell and broke when it hit everything on the way down.
I called them asking if they could come take the gutters off and give my dad back some of the money he paid. They said NO. They blamed weather, then loss of heat in my roof. I told them I had no problems with ice all winter with any of my older gutters.
They instead offered to "fix" my problem giving me a discount on a heat cord they would install coming to $500.I called a lawyer the next day to see what my rights were...
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "Handyman Service, Portland, Maine I hired Tracy Hayes from Home Advisor (Portland, ME) to repair my deck as per the original deck design. I wanted pressure treated wood, I specified that..."
- "We had Congoleum Duraceramic tiles professionally installed in our kitchen seven years ago and after two years noticed white wear marks in areas. A dropped fork can dent tile. We..."
- "We bought a brand new house in Luckey Ranch, on US 90 West, San Antonio, Texas. It's been only six months since we moved in. So far, we have..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."
- "Good Afternoon Ms Rodriguez, I an sending this email to request a refund on the improper fitting dentures that Merit Coast made. As we previously discussed when I first went to the..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."