Clog Free Gutters - My dad tried to give us a gift, the company gave us a nightmare!!

When my dad said he was paying over 2k for two upper runs & a downspout I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted our house to be great & didn't want us climbing up two stories to clean out leaves.Sept 2013 Day of installation I called asking if workers will return to finish job.

I was told it was finished as I looked at the unsightly 4"x 4" wood they left exposed running down both sides of my house to attach the gutters to. They quoted me $700 to come back and cover it. On Feb 20, 2014 there was a BOOM as the house shook, next day we found 9" around chunks of ice several feet long which slid off their gutters hitting our mudroom roof, central air system unit, other gutters attached to mudroom, and a fence on the other side of the house. It was in one piece when it fell and broke when it hit everything on the way down.

I called them asking if they could come take the gutters off and give my dad back some of the money he paid. They said NO. They blamed weather, then loss of heat in my roof. I told them I had no problems with ice all winter with any of my older gutters.

They instead offered to "fix" my problem giving me a discount on a heat cord they would install coming to $500.I called a lawyer the next day to see what my rights were...

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.